Wednesday 6 August 2014

10 Ways to Relax and be Happy :)


My friend Rosie and I have been talking recently about how we both suffer from anxiety and how we worry about anything and everything like I'm sure a lot of us do. I have therefore created a little list of things I do to make myself relax in stressy anxious situations.

1. Light up a candle- doing this always puts me in a happy relaxed mood. My favourite candle at the minute is Turquoise Sky by Yankee!

2. Read a book- I'm currently reading John Steinbeck's East of Eden. Taking time away from the internet and having YOU time is really important. Reading also takes my mind off hassles and worries I may be having.

3. Go for a walk or a run- I have been really into my running recently. Getting fresh air and experiencing new environments has been a life saver for me over the past month or so. Realising what is really important has made me appreciate the little things.

4. Make time for your friends- having a lovely catch up with friends always puts a smile on my face. I'm a firm believer in the saying "laughter is the best medicine". Even doing activities such as grabbing a coffee or shopping can take your mind off worries and help make you more relaxed.

5. Have a cuppa- simple.

6. Watch your favourite film- whenever I am stressed or upset, I like to chuck on Frozen. Hah! Instant happiness right there.

7. Browse pinterest or read other blogs- I am addicted to pinterest lately and nothing makes me more happy than browsing the app and creating new boards! I also love reading other blogs to see what everyone is up to (nosey Rach!)

8. Clean your room- from OCD me. Tidy house, tidy mind. I know from personal experience that having a messy room makes me stressed and leaves me feeling all meh.

9. Give yourself a manicure- having a good fresh paint job on the old nails doesn't half make me happy. Even if that means changing my colour 3 times a week ha!

10. Run a hot bath- we all know bathing in bubbles is one of the most relaxing things to do!

What things help you relax?

"If you want to conquer the anxiety of life, live in the moment, live in the breath."- Amit Ray 







4 comments:

  1. Lovely post dear!Really like it:)
    Keep in touch
    Antonella xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really nice post - I love the quote at the end :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I don't know where I got that idea from..just thought it would be a lovely note to end on. Glad you like!

      x

      Delete