Friday 12 September 2014

CHANEL- Levres Scintillantes Glossimer- Bonbon







I have never been a lipgloss kind of girl, but for Chanel I definitely am. I have always wanted to get my hands on a Chanel lipgloss and last year I got this little beauty in shade Bonbon. It is one of the most prettiest makeup products I have in my little collection with it's gold sparkles and classic Chanel packaging. 

Chanel has these lipglosses in many different colours, it was so difficult to choose the one. Must add more to my list of products I need to get when I am rich (haha). 

All I can say about this shade is that it is stunning. It is a very sheer light pink. A perfect colour for those who are scared to wear a bit of colour on the lips like myself. I don't wear many lip glosses at the best of time so picking one that was wear-able in the day would be better value for my money. This lip gloss also has gold flecks in it. Swoon. I think the gold sparkles definitely make the product and in the sun it looks amazing, even on top of a nude lipstick. 

The lip gloss has no scent to it, I don't know if I like the fact it doesn't. Dior lipsticks smell amazing and if this product had the same scent, I would be even more in love with the product. It also isn't sticky on the lips, so the formula is bang on in my opinion. I hate those kind of ones that tend to make my lips stick together! The applicator is standard like most lip glosses. I have recently seen Nars lip glosses and I love how the applicator is a brush, which provides precision when applying. I think Chanel could up the ante by following Nars' footsteps. The brush just gives that luxury feel to it, and paying near on 20 pounds for this product it would have been nice to get a better brush. But with a beautiful formula and colour, I guess I shouldn't moan. 

I am a sucker for the packaging and I think Chanel do good in making their products look pretty as well as sophisticated. You can't go wrong with the two C's!

Have you tried Chanel lip glosses before? What is your favourite lip gloss, drugstore and/or high end? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment